A 3 ingredient, 15 minute Baileys dessert to impress. Rich and flavorful, with a super creamy, luxurious texture similar to chocolate mousse or pudding. This is one of the most quick and easy dessert recipes you can find while being impressive enough for a dinner party! I pack it with a double shot of Baileys per portion, but it can be made much lighter if you wish!
- 400g (14oz) can of coconut milk (or use boxed coconut cream and skip the first two steps)
- 200mls (3/4 cup + 2 Tblsps) Baileys Irish Cream (This will be very boozy! Reduce for a more subtle result)
- 200g (7oz) dark chocolate
- Before you get started, you’ll need to refrigerate the coconut milk in its can overnight, or freeze it for a few hours. This allows the coconut milk to separate.
- Open the can of coconut milk and the thick cream should have set on the top. Spoon the cream out into a mixing bowl and discard the water left behind (you can keep this in the fridge and re-use it in a smoothie if you like)
- Melt the chocolate in a double broiler, or a microwave, whatever works for you. Set aside.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, beat the coconut milk on a high speed until it’s silky and airy. It will take a few minutes.
- Add the Baileys to the coconut milk very slowly, followed by the melted chocolate, mixing continuously to incorporate them whilst letting as much air in as possible. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula on occasion.
- Once all of the ingredients are in, mix on high speed for an extra few moments for good measure.
- Portion into ramekins, small glasses or wine glasses.
- Place in the refrigerator for a few hours to achieve a silky, puddingy texture, or overnight for a more firm / set result.
Use full fat, unsweetened coconut milk.
Depending on the size of your ramekins / glasses, you’ll get 4 to 6 desserts out of this. I used leftover ramekins from GU puds in the batch I photographed, and it made 5.
Confused by the coconut milk separation? Not sure you’ve got the right texture? Check out this video on YouTube about separating your coconut milk. Some readers have had coconut milk cans that will not separate – sometimes a just won’t cooperate. Use around 1 cup of boxed coconut cream if you’re not sure that your coconut milk will separate.
Keywords: baileys dessert, baileys chocolate mousse