Delicious banana cinnamon muffins for babies, toddlers and kids! These are entirely fruit sweetened (no sugar) and use a blend of whole wheat and oat flours. Fill your freezer with these healthy mini muffins and you will always have home made snacks for your baby or toddler to hand.
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup (4 Tblsps) coconut oil – or you can use butter
- 1/3 cup (80ml, 95g) of unsweetened applesauce*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (60ml) of milk
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup (110g) of light whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup (70g) of oat flour
- Preheat your oven to 175C or 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash your banana. You want a few chunks in there, but it should be mostly smooth.
- Melt your butter or coconut oil in the microwave, and whisk it into the bowl with the mashed banana.
- Add the applesauce, milk and vanilla to the bowl and whisk everything together.
- Add the eggs and whisk until combined.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and baking soda on top of the liquid mixture and whisk to incorporate.
- Finally add the wheat and oat flour, and stir until just combined.
- Spoon into mini muffin tins lined with cases (or alternatively use silicone muffin molds sprayed with a nonstick oil spray).
- Bake for about 12 minutes, until the muffins are springy and a toothpick comes out clean.
*You can also use a blend of apple + mango or pear puree. I use whatever Organix fruit pots I have to hand (or the Cow + Gate or Aldi versions) and the recipe uses 1 x 95g pot.
Muffin recipe adapted from Kristine’s Kitchen.
Keywords: muffins, toddler food, sugar free, banana, cinnamon