A veggie noodle bowl without any stir frying! Simple noodles topped with smoky oven roasted vegetables. This method of preparing your noodle bowls is so simple, stress free and flexible… perfect for a weeknight dinner catching up with your family.
For the Roasted Veggies
- 3 portobella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 of a small onion, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced
- A few spears of asparagus, sliced
- Olive Oil
- Smoked Salt
- A couple teaspoons of toasted sesame oil
- A couple teaspoons of soy sauce
- 1-2 Tblsp of white wine
For the Noodles
- 2 portions of dried noodles (I used soba noodles)
- 2 tsps of smooth peanut butter
- 1 Tblsp honey
- 2 Tblsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp of ground ginger
- 1 tsp of toasted sesame oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C / 390F.
- Place your sliced veggies on a large baking sheet that’s been brushed with oil. Spray with another coat of cooking oil and then drizzle the soy sauce and toasted sesame oil on top. Sprinkle generously with smoked salt. Bake for 30 minutes, or until all of the liquid has disappeared from the pan and your mushrooms are caramelized.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce for your noodles. Quickly microwave your peanut butter in a small bowl for 15 seconds, just to get it melted so that it emulsifies with the other ingredients more easily. Then whisk in the honey, soy sauce, ginger and toasted sesame oil.
- Toast your sesame seeds in a small pan for 1-2 minutes until they start to brown and smell toasty.
- Once the veggies are nearly ready, prepare your noodles according to package instructions. Drain, rinse and mix in the sauce. Serve into bowls.
- Remove the veggies from the oven and immediately drizzle the wine over the pan. It will sizzle and evaporate. Use the spatula to mix all the veggies around and make sure nothing is stuck to the pan.
- Top the noodles with the roasted veggies and sesame seeds. Serve.
Keywords: noodle bowl, veggie noodle bowl