Everyone’s favorite tricolore (mozzarella, tomato and avocado) salad made meal-worthy with with the addition of chickpeas! Dressed lightly in a chive vinaigrette, you’ll love the simple flavors and contrasting textures of this quick and easy salad.
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained
- 100g (3.5oz) of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 125g (4.4oz) ball of fresh mozzarella, chopped into chunks
- 1 or 2 ripe avocados, sliced into chunks
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
In a small bowl or cup, whisk together the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Add the chives. Set aside.
Add the drained chickpeas, avocados, mozzarella and cherry tomatoes to a salad bowl. Pour the dressing over the top and toss until combined.
Keywords: tricolore salad, salad with chickpeas, tricolour salad