A vegetarian taco salad packed with smoky roasted veggies! Crispy, creamy, smoky and filling, this veggie taco salad will soon become your favorite healthy Mexican inspired dinner.
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- A few tablespoons of canned corn
- About 1/2 can of black beans
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Couple handfuls of grated cheddar cheese
- Handful of crumbled tortilla chips
- Tblsp of chopped chives
- Fresh lime (optional – if you want to squeeze a little on top)
- 1/4 cup of salsa
- 1/2 cup of plain yogurt
- 1/2 small cauliflower, chopped into tiny pieces
- About 100g of mushrooms, chopped into small chunks
- 1/2 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 of a small red onion, finely chopped
- About 1/2 packet of taco seasoning
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C / 360F. Chop your veggies into small pieces and lay them on a lightly oiled baking tray. Sprinkle with taco seasoning and spray with oil.
- Roast veggies for 20mins until they are browning at the edges.
- Meanwhile, prepare your dressing by mixing the greek yogurt and salsa together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Assemble your salad bowls. Lay a bed of romaine lettuce down and top with tomatoes, beans, avocado and corn.
- When the veggies come out of the oven, sprinkle them on top of the salad.
- Add the grated cheese and tortilla chips.
- Top with a few dollops of dressing, to taste, and finally scatter the chives on top.
The total time of 30 minutes assumes you are overlapping your prep time with your cook time (that you are preparing the cold ingredients while the veggies are roasting). It will almost certainly take longer if you’re making this for the first time.
This serves 2 as a lunch or dinner, but can serve 4 for side dish portions. Nutritional information is for when the salad is split in 2 and treated as a whole meal.
Keywords: veggie taco salad, vegetarian taco salad