A quick and easy way to make roasted corn salad! Canned corn is roasted in the oven with smoky spices and added to a crunchy, fresh salad with creamy mozzarella and avocado and a honey lime dressing. Refreshing and vibrant, full of different textures and flavors, this tastes amazing with Mexican food or as a whole meal in itself.
I am rather in love with this corn salad! It has everything needed for a well rounded, main meal kinda salad. Creaminess from the avocado and mozzarella, juiciness from the lime dressing, crunch from the roasted corn and the lettuce. The sweet corn is roasted in smoked paprika for a kick of smokiness against the citrus dressing, but it doesn’t overpower. The overwhelming result is still so refreshing.
This satisfied as a main meal, but it also worked perfectly as an accompaniment to some saucy enchiladas.
I always loved the pictures of grilled and roasted corn salads on Pinterest, but I decided to make a quick and easy version using canned corn. You simply drain, dry and then roast the kernels in the oven with smoked paprika. So easy, right?
If you play your cards right, this can be ready in about half an hour excluding pre-heating time, because you do all your chopping and mix your dressing while the corn is in the oven.
And it can definitely serve as a whole dinner, because there’s a ball of fresh mozzarella and a whole avocado in there making it nice and filling, and adding some protein too.
If you’re vegan, you must not be deterred. Instead of mozzarella, you could just add extra avocado and/or some creamy cashew cheese.
This salad is served with a homemade honey lime dressing, which is only four ingredients and a cinch to put together.
Easy Smoky Roasted Corn Salad with Avocado & Mozzarella
- 200 g (7 oz) can of sweetcorn, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 125 g (4.5 oz) ball of fresh buffalo mozzarella, roughly chopped
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped and rinsed
Honey Lime Dressing
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- First, heat the oven to 200C / 390F.
- Brush a baking pan with olive oil.
- Drain your can of corn and pat the kernels dry with a paper towel. Scatter onto the baking pan. Top with smoked paprika, salt and pepper, and mix around with a spatula to ensure each kernel is coated.
- Place in the oven, uncovered, for about 25 minutes, until the corn is darkened and a little crispy.
- While the corn is in the oven, prepare the dressing by whisking all of the ingredients together in a small jug.
- When the corn is ready, remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes while you start to prepare the salad.
- Add the lettuce, mozzarella, and chopped avocado to a large bowl.
- Finally, once it has cooled down just a little, add the corn and then the dressing, and toss to distribute.
Source: Dressing adapted from this one on Self.com