Come and make cookie dough popsicles with me! These frozen yogurt popsicles are totally decadent, featuring the most delicious cookie dough frozen yogurt! A sweet treat for the summer which is a real pleasure to eat, thanks to tangy greek yogurt balancing out the sweetness.
This is one for the true cookie dough lovers. Because there aren’t chunks of cookie dough in this. It just is dough. Doughy yogurt, basically. And you freeze it in your molds.
Then you eat it. Just like that. Not sure what could go wrong here.
Why I use Greek Yogurt in These Popsicles
The yogurt provides the texture needed to turn dough into a creamy and melty popsicle. But it’s tanginess also stops it from being sickly and over the top.
It’s a more, shall I say, sophisticated flavor than you might expect.
I was going to say something about the health benefits of yogurt here but… nah. There’s a nutritional label on the recipe if you want to console yourself with how much protein there is or whatnot. And yep, I think using yogurt makes the overall result lighter and healthier.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frozen Yogurt Popsicles
- ½ cup (115 g) butter
- ½ cup (90 g) light brown sugar
- ¼ cup (50 g) caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup (120 g) plain white flour
- ⅓ cup (80 g) chocolate chips
- 1 cup (240 ml) full fat plain greek yogurt
- First, beat the butter with the brown and white sugar until you get it all nicely creamed. Add the vanilla extract and beat that in too. Then add the flour and salt, and mix it in until you have a dough.
- Throw in the chocolate chips.
- Last, mix in the yogurt until you have a smooth, creamy base.
- Pour into your popsicle molds and freeze overnight.
This frozen yogurt recipe originates from Crunchy Creamy Sweet, and I just made the small change of using plain yogurt instead of vanilla flavored yogurt to reduce the overall sweetness.