This quick and easy air fryer cinnamon toast is super tasty with no refined sugar, and easy to make in the air fryer. Keeping a batch of the cinnamon honey butter to hand will make this a realistic air fryer breakfast any day of the week!
Who knew I’d make so much bread in my air fryer? What can I say. The air fryer’s incredible ability to toast sandwiches and buttered breads is one that I wasn’t expecting but have been absolutely enjoying. Having tried and loved air fryer garlic bread, today we tackle cinnamon toast.
Cinnamon toast of my dreams, right here.
My take on cinnamon toast uses honey instead of sugar. Honey on toast just feels right to me and I love the texture. It stays soft and melty in the middle but gets a little caramelized towards the crusts.
Making this cinnamon toast for breakfast is a really good way to get the most from your air fryer. Mornings are hectic and you don’t need to be making toast under a broiler when looking away for 10 seconds might end up in burnt toast and the smoke alarms going off. Nope nope nope. Set the air fryer going, wait for the ding, if you can’t get to it right away you can at least be sure it’s not burning.
Top Tips for Making Air Fryer Cinnamon Toast
- Your choice of honey makes some difference. I like to use a clear “set” honey. The thickness makes the cinnamon butter much more spreadable. Clear, runny honey works just fine but the cinnamon butter will be runnier too. So when you’re spreading the butter, it will sink in fast and you may just need a few layers. Don’t go out and buy a new honey just for this recipe but if you have both kinds, clear set honey is your best bet.
- The first time you make this, taste test the honey butter and make sure it’s the right sweetness for you. I’ve made it with double the amount of honey in the past, a 1:1 butter to honey ratio. Over time I reduced the honey to be a 2:1 butter to honey ratio and I like it just as much. See what you think!
- I like to use white bread, but brown can work well. The sweetness may overpower the brown bread taste that some people dislike, and the result is more filling and more nutritious.
- Sometimes your bread will warp a little in the air fryer, and start to curl up. I have no idea why. But don’t be alarmed, it doesn’t matter at all.
Cinnamon toast for kids:
This cinnamon toast is an excellent snack for kids and toddlers! But please remember it contains honey so is not suitable for babies under 12 months of age (who can not have any amount of honey due to botulism risk).
More Quick & Handy Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Cinnamon Honey Toast
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp honey, I prefer clear honey but any kind works – see notes
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 2 drops vanilla extract
- 2 slices white bread
- Preheat air fryer to 200C / 390F.
- Prepare your cinnamon butter by mashing together the butter, honey, cinnamon and vanilla extract until completely emulsified.2 Tbsp butter, 1 Tbsp honey, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 2 drops vanilla extract
- Spread half of the cinnamon butter on each slice of bread. It may sink in a little if you have particularly runny honey – keep piling it on top. You want the bread to be well covered by it, and you want it to reach the crusts.2 slices white bread
- Air fry each slice for 4 minutes or until browned to your liking. If you use a two tier rack you may need a little longer, and should switch the toast's positions after 2 minutes.